This is an image of the central portion of IC1805, The Heart Nebula, taken with the Atik One through my 190MN. It’s an H-alpha/LRGB image comprised of 15 x 5min Ha binned 1×1, and 15 x 3min each for L, R, G and B, binned 2×2.
This shot is of a small group of galaxies in the constellation of Canes Venatici. It shows spiral NGC5033 below and left of centre, while the galaxy above and to the right is NGC5005. Also visible are NGC5002 (right of centre) and NGC5014 (towards the bottom). Galaxy hunters will be able to spot a couple of fainter fuzzies as well. Taken with an Atik One through an Equinox 80, it was composed from 12 x 5min luminance frames (binned 1×1) and 8 x 3min each for R, G and B (binned 2×2).
This is a view of the California Nebula, NGC1499, captured on 7th December. This was put together using 11 x 5min exposures through a hydrogen alpha filter as luminance and red frames, and 11 x 5min through a hydrogen beta filter as green and blue frames. Taken with an Atik One and a 200mm f/2.8 lens.
Last night while the moon was up I took some frames of the Cocoon Nebula, IC5146, in hydrogen alpha. The nebula is at one end of dark nebula Barnard 168, which can be seen by the relative dearth of stars visible along its length to the right of the Cocoon. Atik One through Equinox 80, 17 x 10min exposures.
Another couple of quick shots from recent nights. First up is an LRGBHa image of the region around M52 and the Bubble Nebula (NGC7635) in Cassiopeia. Capture with the Atik One and Equinox 80, it’s 6 x 5min for L and Ha, and 6 x 2min, binned 2×2 for R, G and B.
And then last night, before the clouds rolled in, I got 9 x 10min of the Pelican Nebula (IC5070) in Cygnus in hydrogen alpha.
After what seems like a long break due to short summer nights and poor weather, I’ve finally been able to get out imaging again. This was little more than a test shot to check if all the kit was still working! Captured with an Atik 460ex OSC though and Equinox 80, it’s a stack of 11 x 10min exposures processed in PixInsight.
This image of M81 and M82 has been put together from LRGB and H-alpha data captured by me, and RGB data from Andrew Luck, collected over the last month or so. It was a bit of a nightmare combining everything, but the end result isn’t too shabby. This is the full resolution image which shows the HII regions in M81 quite nicely.